Sutton Group Muskoka Realty provides you, our client, a comprehensive service that helps you make the best-informed decision and investment. We are obligated legally to represent your best interests; these duties are spelled out in a “Buyer Agency Agreement.” We go one step further and provide you with our written “Premier Service Guarantee.”
- Review with you all current listings that may fit your criteria and inform you of all new listings as they come onto the market. This will include placing your information on our automated “Prospector” system; this system will immediately email you new listings as they come onto the market.
- Verify expenses for properties that are of interest. This will include verifying the annual property tax, hydro, heating and any other possible fees or costs associated with the property (private road agreements, snow clearing, condo fees, etc). Owning a home or property is expensive and the last thing you need is a surprise after the transaction has closed.
- Review the location of property lines for a subject property to the best of our ability including reviewing survey(s). Buying a home or cottage includes land – you should be aware of the property lines and check to see if there are any concerns with location of structures, driveways, sheds, etc. You may wish to consider having a new survey completed or buying Title Insurance.
- Analyze and discuss the value of properties that meet your requirements. This will help you understand the value of the properties in today’s market and determine if the asking price on a specific property is competitive.
- Review the offer process with you and negotiate terms and conditions that provide you with valuable protection. We will strive to obtain the best possible purchase price and terms.
- Review current mortgage rates and discuss different options available. Local banks and mortgage brokers are usually the best option for funding.
- A mortgage rate that is not competitive can cost you thousands of dollars and a mortgage that does not include the proper protection and terms can cost you money in the future.
- Provide contact information and details for home inspectors. This will give you the opportunity to call and interview these inspectors. This should be done early in your search for a property.
- Provide contact information for qualified lawyers who specialize in real estate law. This is the same as the inspectors; you should contact these lawyers early in your search. They will provide you an estimate of costs and the procedure so there are no surprises.
- Examine all relevant Buyer incentive programs – “Land Transfer Tax Credit”, “Home Buyers Plan (RRSP’s)”, “Muskoka Homeownership Down Payment Assistance Program”, “Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit”, “Ontario Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant”, “Save ON Energy Home Assistance Program”, retrofit programs etc. There are government supported programs available that can possibly save you money!
- Work with you throughout the entire process and beyond. Our service will not end when the transaction is closed; we are always available for help and advice.
Our comprehensive service that will enable you to make the best informed financial decision.
Professional Service & Professional Advise